.......was all I could say over and over again. Maggie is the poster dog for comfort and minimal effort. She sprawls on the couch most days amid a myriad of throw pillows and will not extricate herself from this position unless it is to eat or relieve herself. If it is raining or snowing she won't budge and will hold her bladder until the very last possible moment and at that she will charge out then right back in. Tuesday night it snowed here quite heavily and Groovy is thrilled but Maggie was not pleased to have to get her toesies wet. When I got home from a day in town, I let them out and Groovy returned to the back door about 10 minutes later with no signs of Maggie. I called, and called and began to panic. I sent Groovy out to get her and Groovy's expression was one of disdain and she parked herself at the top of the stairs to wait for Maggie to return. Where could have Maggie gone? It is drippy, wet and snowy and she is a diva.... I call again and put my boots on to go investigate. She came running before I got out the door but this is what greeted me: 

A good friend suggested that Diva Dog Maggie was just getting a mud facial at the backyard spa. I don't know what she was doing but it was about 45 minutes to dinner time and now I had to bath and dry her, wash out the tub plus wash all the floors where she walked to the bathroom. While I was bathing her I kept thinking "I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog.... Where is the WINE!!!"

In this photo I love the little clean circles around her eyes. Proof that eyebrows are useful!
Sid was of course the best helper getting right into bathing the dog by spraying her, me and the floor. The end result was a clean dog so that is all that mattered!It is a good thing she has a cute little button noses and curls, (Maggie, not Sidney!) they saved her once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment