Our little swimmer finished her first set of swimming lessons this week and graduated from Preschool A - just in time to enjoy our pool. It has been an unseasonably cold spring but nonetheless we opened the pool on Monday and jumped right in. OK, really, Sid jumped right in. I bought a wetsuit so I could bare the 64 -66 degree water (brrrrrrrrrr) and was amazed at how well it works. (thanks Ann for another fantastic tip. The wet suit idea and the camping pee are lifesavers!!!) Sid doesn't feel the cold and now either do I. Everyday we try to swim and Daddy was amazed at Sid's comfort and confidence in the water. She wears floaties but we are not allowed to touch her because "I can DO IT!" She leaps from the steps, from the sides, from my lap and swims circles around me. Both Daddy and I love the water so she does come by it naturally.
Look at ME daddy!
Synchronized Back Stars
We Did IT
Super Sid
What kid doesn't warm up on the pavement after a good swim?
Birthday girl!On my birthday I was treated to a lovely family day (wetsuit shopping hahaha) and an amazing dinner with friends. I was wined and dined and the sun shined. What could be better? Thanks everyone for the wishes!

Sid taking a high speed corner after eating birthday cake
We have had the hermit crabs for two months and they are great. They are beginning to get used to being handled and wake up daily around 3:00 pm and are out and about until bedtime. Sid loves holding them and originally named the big guy Ralphie but wanted to change his name to Hey Jude but then changed her mind again. So for a month and a half he has been named Ralphie Hey Jude and it has stuck. He is the one on the left LOL!



Taking after her mom, here Sidney is playing E.C.E. (early childhood educator) and having circle time for the dogs. She was teaching them about forests and squirrels.

When making Fathers Day card goes terribly off track.......
No comments:
Post a Comment