Sunday, September 26, 2010

Officer Buckle and Gloria


He is here!!!! Sid loves this book by Peggy Rathmann. Officer Buckle believes in Safety First!! He goes to schools and gives speeches about safety which all the students sleep through until he gets his very own police dog, Gloria, who unbeknown to him, helps with his presentation.

Sid completed an Officer Buckle and Gloria lapbook about safety which included knowing her address, phone number, and when and how to call 911. Once we were finished with everything she declared that she needed a Gloria out of felt. Too easy I thought! Like an Airedale but easier. Alas, needle felted Gloria was born. Sid loved her immediately and made her act out the story but quickly pointed out that she HAD to have an officer buckle. I said I couldn't make any promises but I would do my best.
TA DA!!!!!!



Now I am making some chickens for my friends mom and then some play food for a local playgroup. I also donated a coupon for a FurEver Dale to the National Airedale Quilting Bee. They hold a fundraiser every year to fill the bank account back up so we can continue to rescue Airedales. Check out their beautiful, A is for Airedale, quilt here:

http://www.airedalerescue.net/alphabet/a_is_for_airedale/index.htm

The winner of the FurEver Dale coupon is in Texas and will be having me make her a FurEver Dale of her aireboy Dixon sometime in the next month.

Speaking of rescue, please go to animalrescuesite.com and click on shelter challenge. Switch the country to Canada and enter AireCanada as the shelter name and BC for the province. You should see Airecanada airedale rescue. Click VOTE. You can vote once every day and the winner can win 10 000.00 for their rescue or even 1000.00. One vote for every computer every day will really make a difference.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment