We are giddy with excitement here as Sid's birthday quickly approaches. Every morning she wakes up and counts down the days until Friday the 12th. She already knows that Granny and Grandpa Ho-Ho, Grandmama and Grandpa Bill plus mom and dad have gotten together to get her a cross country ski package. Poles, boots, skis, and bindings. I had to bring Sid in to size all the equipment and she was just thrilled. She was the one to ask for skis for her b-day! They installed the bindings last weekend and we will pick them up on her birthday. Sid said she would pretend to be surprised lol. We have a few other gifts tucked away as a little surprise for her and we are just as excited for the day to come.
Sid's profound question of the week: "After our race is extinct what is the next race going to look like?" Hmmmm good question! Sid drew a picture of the next race. They had a LOT of legs and many eyes.
Daddy got himself (and us!) a new toy too. He picked up a four wheeler with a plow blade and winch so we can use it to do the lane way this winter. How fun!!! Of course we need to ride it around the yard and through the woods to get used to it! Sid LOVES the 4 wheeler and keeps asking, if we can we go for another ride. Around the yard we go slowly and don't put the helmets on but do wear them once we head into the woods. This will be really fun next spring and summer. We can load the quad and a dirt bike into the trailer and go on family rides up at Larose forest, just around the corner from us! Can't wait!
Mom's first tour around the yard in first gear since Sid finds second still a little too fast!
Fun for almost the entire family! Groovy loves riding on or in things, like being on the dirt bike or lawn tractor or being in the trailer. This was her first quad ride! Sadly Maggie has to watch from the deck or she chases the machine and will get run over.
After bath and jammies, Sid convinces Daddy to take her for another night time cruise through the woods. The night before they actually spotted a bunny! It's only -1, why not??
The cold weather will NOT keep us in the house. We spent all day Wednesday, well 4 hours, outside in the woods and at the bog with Isabella and Magda and Kristianne and her sons. We had a really good time playing with the ever hungry Chickadee's!
Once on the boardwalk the girls had fun breaking all the ice in the bog to "save the fish!". I love the way they think!
"Don't sit on the bench, you'll kill us" - Isabella
The chickadees were landing on anything and everything in hopes of food.This past weekend Magda, Ildi and I went to a spinners and weavers fair to check out the wool and knitting and felting supplies. I so need to concentrate more on my felting. There were a few felters there that had some interesting things but I think I can seriously out felt them. There were really creepy dolls and some tiny not very detailed dogs for 45.00. The dolls were crazy expensive and the artist was making a living doing this. It was really inspiring to see what others are doing and to know that I can do that and better. Now I really must get to work! Currently i have a few commissioned projects to do but I think I will start working after Christmass to make stock for next Christmas craft fairs. It will be good pocket money for the holidays.
Here is my most recent work. Brutus the Boston Terrier and Alonzo the Chihuahua. They are my friends dogs and one owners commissioned the dogs for the other owner for Christmas. I hope they love them. I had a blast felting them!
Meet Brutus the BT!


And this is little Alonzo the Chihuahua!


Doggie Brothers!

No comments:
Post a Comment