It has been a super busy month. I have had 3 dogs come into rescue in a week and I am busy organizing our house league hockey team, two existing homeschooling groups and our new fall indoor homeschooling group. Too much time on the computer! My intentions to blog are good but I keep finding myself having to do "admin" stuff so the blogging gets put aside. In a week or two things should flow back to a normal pace. I haven't even been taking my camera out! Anyhow Sid has been enjoying the last throws of summer with her friends. Trips to the parks, woods and friends houses while still maintaining and absolute passion about Kajukenbo. We bought her a free standing punching bag for downstairs because our house isn't going to survive her "training" as she calls it. We have caught her trying to turn on lights with her round kick, she steps over obstacles with one leg in the air. Things in her way are prone to sudden bursts of karate with a dose of grappling and sparring thrown in for good measure. Even the dogs are at risk of being taught dog Karate which involves learning a few Catas ;)
This past Friday she went to her 5:00 class and was getting ready to leave the club when a few of the older kids arrived. Sigung said "put your gear on, we are fighting tonight." to the new arrivals. Sid stopped in her tracks turned to Sigung and said "Sigung, I want to fight." He agreed and told her to get her gear on. She ended up staying until almost 7:30 but was loving the sparring and watching the older kids spar. Sid spared against orange belts, purple belts and her friend Johnny who is also a white belt then Sid got a unique chance to spar against her teacher. Enjoy....
No comments:
Post a Comment