It started with the Great Zucchini Chase. All three of my dales love veggies, to a point of annoyance. I can't keep them out of the garden! They ate my peas, strip my tomato plants and pull carrots when no one is looking. This week Lilly found a new game. Zucchini keep away.
What zucchini? No really I don't see a zucchini! Oh.....you mean this stick?
As fast as fast can be, you will never catch me!
Making a break for the woods to hide from the other animals and to devour the treasure.
And speaking of treasure, this is King Perogie in all his jewels. Gawd our animals are patient!
Uncle Rick came over for a sleep over and it was awesome fun! Here he hides behind big bear while big bear goes in for the bear hug!
We went on our annual pilgrimage to the Papanack Zoo. It was warm and sunny so we put in a full day with the animals. I still haven't process all the pictures yet. I grabbed a few and converted them for this post but I am behind in my processing!
I love the picture above. I call it Ann Elk! As in Ann Elk who says "a brontosaurus is loooong and skinny at one end, much, much thicker in the middle and looooong and skinny again at the far end" :) My python friends will understand this completely! The rest of you please just carry on lol!
I haven't processed this picture, I will sharpen it up and lighten it so his eyes pop. He is so cute, he completely reminds me of the raccoons we fostered.
Above is a sheep. This is not from the zoo but a heritage breed found at the Cumberland Museum. A homeschooling family organized a homeschooling trip to the museum and it was awesome! Lots of fun and friends and space to run.
It was a great day to fly a kite and hang out. I have some fantastic pictures from the day and will get them processed. Some of the pictures of my friends turned our really nicely. I will get to them soon, I promise!
.jpg)
Paul Cezanne is the first artist we covered in art history. We found a great free curriculum from Concodia U. and since Sid LOVES to paint we have decided to skim through these artist portfolios out of interest. She totally got into this one.
http://www.cuchicago.edu/experience/arts/visual-arts/art-lessons/
After reviewing the info about Cezanne Sid decided to create her own version of the Blue Vase.
http://www.cuchicago.edu/experience/arts/visual-arts/art-lessons/
After reviewing the info about Cezanne Sid decided to create her own version of the Blue Vase.
Next she drew it and then painted it. I did most of the outlining with a small paint brush and black paint but she did all the rest. Oh, I believe Daddy helped with the cup too!
Overall it was a really interesting morning art class. We covered a lot and Sid got to practice her drawing and painting with an emphasis on depth. Too cool!

We certainly don't have to look too far to understand where Sid gets her creativity from. Dad is so uber talented. Here his is at a recent gig at greenfields.
And below Sid is busking with Daddy at the NROC Tools For Schools Fundraiser! So awesome.
Gotta go catch up on this coming weeks plans. Fall is around the corner so there is lots of planning in the works. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment