Wednesday, November 7, 2012

M.I.A. for a Great Reason!

I have missed blogging longer than usual but that is because every spare moment of time has been occupied lately by a VERY exciting and new venture.  Let me tell you about it!

Last post was about the photo shoot that I did for a friend.  Well that has spiraled into such an exciting collaboration.  My friend Jen is the owner of Sewn Natural a wonderfully successful shop found on Etsy.  She also has a blog (listed in my side bar) and a website (sewnnatural.com).  Jen found out about my needle felting and in exchange for doing the product shots for her store, she has offered to list my felted items.  Now what I quickly found out is that this girl is successful for a very good reason.  She is so hard working and knows Etsy like no one I have ever talked to.  She understands the trends, the tagging, wording of listings for search engines and specifically how to get on the front page with the photos.  She is a designer and she is good at it. 

So with my camera in hand we have collaborated on one product photo shoot and she has guided me with ideas for shoots here at home to showcase my works.  I have had to spend many hours taking pictures, processing, emailing and then learning more tricks in photoshop to get desired effects.  It has been AWESOME!  Here are some of the results:



 Here you will recognize the model and the product!


Jen listed 3 separate lots of felted sets.  Fruit, Veg and Desserts
http://www.etsy.com/listing/114125446/eco-friendly-wool-vegetables-food-play
http://www.etsy.com/listing/114104997/eco-friendly-wool-fruit-food-play-set-of?ref=v1_other_2
http://www.etsy.com/listing/114093889/wool-dessert-food-toys-large-eco?ref=v1_other_2

I hope you are sitting down.... all three sets sold within 3 hours of being listed.  Really!!!!  So I have been busy felting three more to have ready for tomorrow so she has them on hand in case they sell.


My dear friend Magda celebrated a birthday at the end of the month and I really wanted to create a Zuni for her.  What is a Zuni?  Well a Zuni is a beautiful, sometimes wacky, brilliant little aussie shepard.
It was so fun making her and even more exciting gifting her to Magda!  Magda posted felted Zuni on her Facebook page and I have received another order for a custom pet portrait.  More felting necessary and this new one is going to be a really fun challenge.  Stay tuned.  Jen also has started carrying the pet portraits in her store.

So it has been good to take a break from felting but now I must get back to it.  This could just be an initial rush or this could seriously snowball.  Either way I am so happy with the way things have turned out.  I get to do photography and felt and we have made some wonderful new homeschooling friends to share our passions with!

Wool is calling.......

No comments:

Post a Comment