This week was the final tournament for the 5 Ring circuit. The Grand Championship Tourney. All first second and third place finishers were invited back to compete against each other. Our club showed up with the biggest number of participants so we ended up competing against ourselves in a lot of events.
As always, there is a lot of waiting around but the kids are getting used to amusing themselves for hours while sitting and representing the club.
These are the times that the friendships really bloom. Time to talk, hang out and just be friends!Synchro Kata was first and Sid and her boys tied for second so had to preform the kata a second time to take third place. They were awesome! We had 7 synchro teams out of a total of 12. The divisions were split into two, our club took two 1st places and two 3rd places!
Then there was the waiting, waiting, waiting.... It took almost two hours before the orange and green belt 7 - 9 year old kids could preform their forms and do their fighting. But they hung on and waited to be called
Forms Sid took 2nd place and lost by .1 to the girl that beat her in fighting. Sid's kata was awesome.
Next was fighting. The girl next to Sid, yup the tallest one on her right, was the card that Sid drew. 1st fight she was eliminated in 31 seconds. Tough match up! All the girls in this category are 9! At least next weekend at the Team Canada tryouts, she fights only kids 25kg and under. They will all be closer to her height. Here is a video of her quick match. She has heart and I am so proud of her for going up against these tall kids without hesitation. I also appreciate the control these bigger and older kids show, she could really use force but just taps so the fight isn't a complete blow out.
Some of the happy kids at the end of the day!
The kids did so well this year. Our dojo ranked 1st overall. We brought home 33 trophies on Saturday with 25 participants from the grand championship. And in the individual rankings, Sid was 28th overall out of 366 participants (all ages and belts)
Next weekend is team Canada tryouts then we get a nice deserved break until August!
Saturday night we had a long awaited visit from the tooth fairy! That front tooth has been wiggly for almost two months. Sid has been eating with the side of her mouth but finally.....
Ewwwwww
Yup, eating just got easier!
Sid pulled out her pocket knife this week. I was not feeling good about it but didn't want to make a big deal about it. I asked her to please be careful and remember how badly she cut herself last time. It seems she learned her lesson well. She was very cautious and attentive while carving. I think the trick is no more carving with friends, there are just too many distractions!
I made a new product for the shop! Pure wool personalized 15" balls for little ones. This was a creation for our little friend Noah's second birthday. He really seemed to LOVE it!
The shop is being featured this week on Etsy so I suspect I may get a few extra orders. I am ready and can't wait to see what comes of it.
We found out this week that choir will run through the summer! We are so happy to hear that because Sid loves to sing and loves her choir teacher and friends. Here is their group pictures for the winter session. Not everyone was there and it was a bit spontaneous but I am happy with how the shot turned out.
Oh and speaking of shots, I found out this weekend that I will have some of my foal pictures of Fancy published in Quarterhorse Monthly for the month of July. Can't wait!
Monday today, off we go into another week of adventure. Have a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment