Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Money Shot

This is it, the money shot...
Jimmy Ivanski saves a kitten from a burning home.  I was there on scene to capture the event and the story of the fire.
 
News crews were not alerted to this housefire on St-Guillaume which was totally lucky for me.

 Sid, Ken and I stood around for a couple of hours and watched the volunteer firefighters from Embrun, Limoges, Russel, St-Albert and Ottawa fight this huge fire.
 It was one of those 30 degree days too.
 Everything was lost but no one was injured and two family cats were saved.  I got it all and the Ottawa sun bought my photos.  They were in print in the Sunday Aug. 10th paper (full page!!!) and in the online version in a gallery.  Ottawa Sun Article

 This is one picture I didn't publish.   Firemen Do Have Big Hoses
 We spent a bit of time at Megan's meeting her zoo.  There was a fresh batch of kitties stealing everyone's heart.  None made it home with us, we have saved enough barn kittes!
 Sid got to ride on Ruby, Megans horse and had a great time.
 And one day old chicks too.  It was a great afternoon.
 Here is my favorite shot from the club.  These are the kids going to Ireland minus one.  These four are good friends and have a lot of fun together.  I think their parents might have a bit of fun together too ;)
 The girls in their team Canada silks.  We picked the design and had them custom made.  Each one is different.  This is what they will wear in Ireland.
 Navan fair time!  As much as she tries, our girl is not a ride girl.  She really wants to be but doesn't enjoy the thrill.  I didn't either at her age!
 You want me to go on what?!  
 Bumper cars with Daddy are much more fun, and let's not forget the fun house.

 We also got to watch the heavy horse pull.  It was pretty amazing.  And a beautiful day at the fair.
THis weekend Sid reaches for the moon as she battles at Battlezone.  An elite tourney that she has to fight a division up in.  Pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment