Monday, December 15, 2014
Ireland Day 6
This is the day of finals for continuous. Above is one of my favorite videos from the point fighting that I forgot to include in my previous post. It gives you an idea of how much better Sid is getting each year!
Ok, onto the last day of fights. Today is the day she goes for gold at 9 a.m. I woke her up at 7 to discover she was really sick. Fever, headache, body aches. Right away I told her she didn't have to fight. She had silver no matter what and we would all be proud of her.
Sid looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "Mom, I didn't train this hard to come here and quit." I scooped her up and hugged her and told her she wouldn't be quitting. She was a winner! "Nope, I am fighting!"
It was the hardest fight I have ever had to watch. I was mama bear now, it wasn't the same as watching her fight when she is well. The match started and Sid took the 11 year old girl down with a side kick! Then it was on. Her opponent cut over 6 lbs to make weight the previous Sunday. She had gained it back and was using her extra size to push through Sid. Sid fought hard and well but was unable to hold her championship. We were all so proud of her but mostly, she told me after she fought she would have always wondered what would have happened if she hadn't fought that morning. Sometimes she is so wise for such a youngin'.
At the end of the fight the other girl won but was in tears. Sid held he own and made her work to take her championship. Next year......
After fighting through 3 rounds of the worlds best, Silver is something to be very proud of! You can watch the fight below.
After some tea and food, Sid spent the next 2 hours training with Sifu Kayan getting the Druken' Master down pat. She really enjoyed this time and had a big nap after.
She woke feeling recharged and ready to spend one more Mom / Sid day in Ireland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment