Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day Of Preschool

The morning started very early. I wanted to be up and ready to face our big day. Sid heard me cooking pancakes and wandered out to see what was going on. I don't think she was done sleeping yet. The dogs don't bother to get up until it is there breakfast time and she is starting to catch on! Once ready we headed out to preschool and Sid appeared to be just as excited as me. She had her backpack on and was ready to go!
Here are some shots of her and her friend Camryn, sitting in her cubby and playing with her friends.

I picked her up at 11:30 and the first thing out of her mouth was "Look mom, look mom" she yelled as she charged down the hall waving her certificate " I LOVE SCHOOL!!!" She had blue marker on her cheek, stickers on her hands and a smile that melted my heart. I was so proud!





Sidney informed me that she gets to be Miss Patty's helper on Tuesday and dress the weather bears. She can't wait to go back to school. Saturday we get to be in the Russell fair parade and ride the float. Ken will come so he will also get to meet Miss Patty and Sid's friends.

After school, Sharon and I took Sidney and her little friend Charlotte out to lunch to celebrate their first day of school. We had a great lunch and it was amazing to see the two girls just two weeks apart having conversations and sharing their lunch. The held hands the entire way in and out of the restaurant. It was an awwww moment I wish I had captured.

When Daddy got home from work he presented Sidney with her very own Big Girl watch for being so big and going to school. She was thrilled. Now we just have to teach her all her numbers.



Outside of school we still have our horsie friends we are taking care of. Here is two of the four, we are calling the light one Blondie until we find out her name. She is a sweetheart and loves hugs and pets. They have taken a real shine to us since we now go over and water them everyday and bring carrots and apples for snacks. They bring Siddy and I so many laughs and joy by just being around for us to pet and visit. Too bad they won't be here for long.


No comments:

Post a Comment