Monday, September 22, 2008

A Great Monday

This week is starting off really well. Yesterday we brought Gitan to his new home and he moved in with his beagle brother and two cats. Our house has been so calm today. Sidney isn't hitting the dogs or yelling "GITAN NO!!!" It was indeed time for him to find his forever family and they are so happy to have him!

We cuddled and had free play all morning and went off to our music class. She had lots of fun and the teacher commented on how funny she was while doing the craft. Sidney really likes making people laugh and I am glad other people are starting to see her sense of humor.

It was so beautiful out we played in the backyard for most of the afternoon. We laughed so hard catching grasshoppers and putting them on Groovy's head. Sidney was really brave and held one for a few minutes until it jumped away.

Sid asked if she could try the camera. I put the strap around her neck and set it so she had to look through the view finder to take pictures. Was I ever surprised to discover she is a budding photographer! Here is one of my favorite pictures she took today.

At bedtime we write in Sidney's journal and talk about what we did during the day. I was putting her laundry away and she had her back turned and was doodling in her journal, or so I thought. I had the hardest time keeping a straight face when she stood beside me and I looked over and saw Sidney's cheeks streaked with pen. I just looked at her and said NOTHING thinking I was going to burst out laughing and she stood there for about 10 seconds and then wrapped both arms around my neck and gave me a huge hug. While still biting my tongue I said "that was nice, why did I get such a great hug" Sidney answered "Cause you're nice mom!" Oh the little monkey knew she could have been in big trouble for coloring all over her face but we both laughed and cuddled and went and washed it off. She is so clever!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment