Monday, December 27, 2010

An Early Family Christmas


I love this picture! It captures what a wonderful time we had Dec. 20 and 21 at Granny and Grandpa's Ho-Ho's. Here Greg called Dad "Grandpa Bubbles" (trailer park boys) and we all cracked up. Great capture Shae!
Ken had to work on the Tuesday so he was unable to make it but the rest of the family managed to get the day off for an early family Christmas celebration. On the Sunday, Greg, Shae, Addy and Taylor arrived at the farm then on Monday Rick and I drove up to spend the night. We had so much fun it was about -1 out so we went for a nice long walk and then ended up sledding for about an hour afterwards.


I had a hat but Tay offered me her extra one because she was wearing her penguin hat. I LOVE this hat!!!

Group shot with Shae behind the camera

Group shot with Greg Behind the camera!

Rick attacking the hill on a sled

Sid following Uncle Rick's lead

"I'm OK!"
Grandpa and Granny in their woods

Uncle Rick getting a push down another hill
Ultimate cuteness!

Addy going for her first solo sled ride

Mom and Addy zooming down the hill

Dad and Addy sledding too.

Granny gives it a try while Sid, Rick and Taylor build a jump for more excitement

Wheeeeeeeee..... uncle Rick heads for the new jump

CONTACT!!

Ah but then the still bendable teenager Taylor shows us how it is done!

Good air penguin girl!

In the safety of her daddy's arms Addy watches on as her Mom, sister, aunt, and uncle fly down the hill.

Greg going straight for the unfrozen pond.....

Don't worry Greg, we won't catch you!

Shae has a turn

I have a turn.

Meanwhile at the bottom of the hill the paparazzi capture the day and occasionally cause interference to help stop the sledders from going into the pond (after they protect their cameras of course)!


Sid has a go at the jump.

Success!

Greg tackles Rick at the end of the run. Just helping out by making sure he doesn't land in the water!

Back inside we warmed up while Uncle Rick told us some very creative stories.
Fresh air, warm fire, good stories makes for very sleepy people!
Even Addy got in on the fun!

A little later, Ronda, Peter and Grace joined us and we had a wonderful dinner together.
Then off to bed......

The following day Sean, Eleni, George and Liam came up and we celebrated Christmas with gifts, dirty Santa and the most amazing Christmas dinner. I will be adding a group shot when I get it :)
I didn't get many pictures inside and by the time we got out for a walk it was getting really dark but here are a few shots from our walk together.





Dad, Greg and Addy, Sean with Liam on his shoulders and Eleni, Rick and George


George and Sid on Grandpa's new bridge over the creek. Oops I should say crick....

The sun setting indicated that it was time to load up the vehicles and head for home. It was such a magical two days. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dad and Ann Lee for hosting such an amazing get together. The food, as always, was spectacular and it was so great seeing all the little kids together. Best of all, I cannot remember the last time I played in the snow with my brothers. Total FUN!
Peace, health and happiness to you all for the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment