Sunday, November 20, 2011

Unexpected

We have had a week of unexpected events!  Thursday morning at 3:45 Ken woke me from a dead sleep with "Steph... you have to get up, Lanthiers shed is on fire.  You have to see this."   I am not known for my cordial behaviour when being woken in the middle of the night but this is something I am so glad I didn't miss seeing.  The neighbour across the street has three commercial buildings and the one in the middle went up in flames and got demolished.  I stayed up from 4 until about 5:45 watching them put it out.  Later around 6:30 when I got back up they were just finishing tearing it apart with an excavator.  What an experience.  It was about 500 ft from our front porch and most of these pictures were taken from the porch.  There were several police cars and at least 6 fire trucks with tanker trucks running back and forth to Limoge to refill.  No one was injured and they saved the two other buildings.  There was quite a bit of property lost but that can all be replaced.  We are still waiting to hear the cause of the fire.
 Fire just as the emergency vehicles were arriving
 Silhouettes of three fire fighters
 Going, going, gone.
 You've Got to Be Brave
 The Aftermath

 This is Mystery Black Dog. He arrived last week on Thursday night to play with Lilly on her Birthday.  He came back this week on Wednesday during the day.  The girls like his company but he runs under the gate and I am worried Lilly will follow him so I barricaded the gate.  He got out of the yard by jumping the fence but then couldn't get back in to play with my dogs.  What did he do?  Well he started eating my fence.  This was the point at which I leashed him up and called animal control.  By-Law was great, they came and picked him up and the owner had 72hours to find him and pay to get him back.  Problem solved or so we thought, until Saturday morning at 3:00 a.m. he showed back up at our back door.  The dogs were not amused to find him playing on the deck alone and woke the house up to let us know.  I will be calling by-law again on Monday.  We are getting a little tired of the middle of the night unexpected events.
 Every year Ken supports Survivor Night at The Races with a corporate sponsorship.  This is an event at Rideau Carleton Raceway to raise money for the survivors of breast cancer.  Something different this year was the chance to ride in the pace care during his sponsored race.  It was soooooo coool!
Me, Ken, Maria and Rick before we got in the pace car
 This is a view from inside the bubble on top of the pace car.  The car holds the judge of the race so the car runs right along the horses.  Watch the video to see how close we were!



Lastly this is an unexpected picture of a 7th degree blackbelt in Panda earmuffs!  Sid bought these ear muffs because it was love at first sight and HAD TO HAVE THEM!  She has worn them everywhere since last Tuesday and Sigung took a liking to them.  It has been determined that they are Kung Fu Panda earmuffs.

Wishing everyone an good week with no middle of the night surprise events! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment