Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catching up on the last two weeks

The last few weeks I am behind in updating the blog because I have been preoccupied with the FurEver Dales. I have finalized the packaging, the ordering process and the actual handcrafting of the dogs. I am also working on some more play sets and play food to bring to a local farm that showcases local artists and recycled or green products. I am in the process of working with a local sheep farmer to purchase wool rovings directly from her so the products will not only be made locally but will also have the wool sourced locally. Interestingly, the sheep farmer is the wife of the man who was our real estate agent and she is also the mother of Chris and Mark who were in a band with Ken 20 years ago when Ken and I were first dating. Funny how things come around full circle. More pages and pictures added to http://www.naturesplayroom.com/ to see how the venture is moving along.

Little Mousie after eating too many berries. All three pieces are independent and would work wonderfully with the book The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audry Woods. One of my favorites from back in day care days.

Last weekend I enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day. I picked up some wool for myself since Ken wanted to but didn't know what to get. I was thrilled to be able to wool shop! Also I was surprised with some wonderful chocolate that got stashed and eaten the minute Sid's head hit the pillow. YUMMY! Thanks hunny, you know me sooooo well! We also did our annual Mother's Day brunch at the golf course with Ken's family. It is so fun watching all the kids run and play together. Finally Sid is old enough to keep up with them and was having loads of fun playing leap frog with Julia and British Bulldog with all the girls (and mom and dad too ~ouch we were sore the next day!)

Here at home we were considering a trampoline for our stellar gymnast to burn some energy but Ken's point "Ugh, something else to mow around." was a very valid one! I quite accidentally stumbled upon this bouncer greatly, greatly reduced at giant Tiger. It folds up into a tent size bag and set up and tear down takes less than 5 minutes. One of the best things we have ever bought for Sid and she LOVES it!


We have big time electrons hoping around in there with Sid. Ken calls this one Madame Tesla.
This was a wonderful evening before bug season. Yipppee first campfire with marshmallows.
Campfire night again but these are my oh so very cool Bogs (rubber boots). I love them! They are made out of neoprene, 100 % waterproof and are you ready for this??? Good to -40 OHYA!
A good friend in Seattle sent us a care package and some haire for a Furever Dale an in the care package was a wonderful toy for the gurlz. Here they are super ready to catch the new squeaky elephant. So far indestructible and a favorite for both of them. Thanks Lydia!!! Oh btw, you have a package on the way but I can't post pictures yet. I want you to be surprised :0)


I am slowly working backwards in time to map out our weeks. Here we are at the Arboretum. What an incredibly wonderful secret in the heart of town. We spent hours there with our friends chasing bubbles, feeding ducks, seeing a snapping turtle and exploring nature at its finest.
This is a fav pic of mine. Sid and her friends Isabella, Elizabeth, and Sabine.
The essence of childhood
Here Sid was being a snapping bubble turtle.

I played in a hockey tournament in Montreal for the weekend and got home and laid my equipment out in the sun. An hour later this is what I found.
This video is the last entry for this blog. I managed to capture Sid on her running bike at the park this week. She is now ready for a two wheeler. Cool eh???

No comments:

Post a Comment