Sunday, May 30, 2010

Almost June

With June right around the corner it means that ballet "season" is almost over. The grand finale is THE RECITAL. Kids are all rehearsed, costumes made, pictures taken. Next Wednesday is the dress rehearsal at old Ottawa Tech and then the big show on Saturday. Sidney's class is dancing to The Lion Sleeps Tonight and they are dressed like baby lions. So to thank Miss C. for being such a patient and kind teacher I felted her a sleeping baby lion. I love the way this one turned out!
This is the card Sid drew for Miss C. She told me, I have it in my head, I know exactly what I want to draw! She drew a dancing lion wearing a tutu!!!!

Things with the business are starting to pick up. I have been commissioned to do a FurEver Dale for a sweet 14 year old girl Airedale who passed away this morning and I am also waiting for the hair to grow on another Airedale who will be turned into a 10" tall FurEver dale. I seem to have enough work so far to keep me busy!

Now onto what I really, really wanted to write about this week. My hubby Ken! He is the most talented man I have ever met. He can sing, write songs and play any instrument thrown at him. He is a natural. I fell in love with him over 21 years ago when one night he arrived at my apartment toting his guitar. I have never looked back ;) Soooo anyways... tonight I caught him sitting in our kitchen with his guitar and asked him to play something and I grabbed our old digital camera that does video. I captured him singing Alone By The River, one of my very favorite songs written by him! Sadly the digital camera just stopped recording before the song ended so he will have to play it again some day so I can replace this video. I am so proud of him and want to share his music with the world. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoo-DdXh8PA

Below are some spring musings that have captured the beautiful weather this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment