Friday, June 4, 2010

An Unwanted Guest


Munro will be 7 on June 23. He lost his family Thursday evening when after 7 years the wife decided it was her or the dog. She claimed he was stinky and caused her to have allergies and they travel a lot so they were done with him. Munro is a registered Airedale from the same breeder as Groovy. He has a lovely temperament and is a bit stinky because the poor boy has had to eat kibble and bits his whole life.
Groovy who is our Airedale Rescue Ambassador and loves all dogs was the first to greet Munro. It has never happened before, but she did not like this dog. She kept sparing with him and jumping on him she wouldn't let him be. On the other hand, Maggie who is very selective with regards to who she will grace with her presence had no problem with the boy. One look at him and he lay down in front of her until she looked away. This just made Groovy even madder, she is usually the boss.
My two Airedales fight to see who gets to sleep in the crate with the door open, Groovy usually takes herself to bed early to secure her sleeping spot in the crate. Thursday I sent her to bed early because she wouldn't let poor Munro even lie down in the house. When I brought him into the bedroom I had to actually lock Groovy in the crate for the first time 5 years. By the morning she was really not amused. I got all of Munro's stuff together as I prepared to take him to his foster home in the West end and Groovy walked over and peed on his bed. WOW! I don't know what it is about this boy but I trust her judgement and luckily he was off to a different home by 10:00 a.m.
Munro has spent the weekend in foster care with another dog and two cats, if all goes well they will adopt him. We are keeping our fingers and paws crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment