Friday we were at the Arboretum with our Young Homeschoolers friends. This dragonfly was about two inches in length and kept taunting me. It would zoom by but by the time I had my camera in hand it would disappear. I finally caught it for a brief second on this rock!

The girls found a new fort to play in deep under the Willows and brush. Only spies were allowed.
The girls found a new fort to play in deep under the Willows and brush. Only spies were allowed.
One of my favourite parts about homeschooling is the fact the kids get to play and interact with kids of all ages. Here little Ika plays peek-a-b00 with the girls.
Tree Sprites
If trees could talk I would love to hear the tales this one has to tell.
Mr. Photogenic himself. The epitome of a little boy!
After our group, Bella came home with us for a sleepover! It was soooooo fun. Swimming, jumping, Karate, campfire. So much to do so little time to do it.
Back in the pool.
Drying off again on the warm sunny trampoline.
One last dip
BEST SISTERS!
Bella came to Karate to watch then when we got home Sid wanted to teach Bella. "Come on Bella, shrimp! Try to shrimp and get away!!!"
I call this pic The Dark Side.
Campfire science. What burns, what smokes?
It was wonderful having Sid's best friend over. We have decided that once a month she will come here and once a month Sid will sleep there. The girls are thrilled with this arrangement!
This week was the last gymnastic class for this session. Sid has been invited to start the instructional classes and we will look into that for the fall. Those classes are an hour and a half so we will see where she is at with her Karate then.
I agree with you about how wonderful it is to see children interacting with a variety of age ranges, this idea that they need to be packaged with only those their own age is so counterproductive! I see them developing empathy and coping skills when they work with little ones, develop teamworking skils with those their own age and learn from those older.
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures of the best sisters! It warms my heart to see how much those girls love each other : )