Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Magical Moments in Nature



Wednesday was another Nature Walk day and the kids (and parents) enjoyed thirty degree temps with gorgeous sun. The woods were a touch cooler and the kids played for three and a half hours before Sid and I came home for a swim. What is most magical is that we don't have loads of toys and accouterments to occupy the kids. They have nature to play with and they play. Below, Sid is counting while her friends hide in the woods.

In this tender picture, a boy Sid's age stops to admire her braid. I love the yin and yang of this shot. Grubby boy hands gently holding a tiny braid.


Whenever these two pose for the camera they both do the model thing and look away from the lens. It makes me chuckle!


The heat kept most wildlife away but we did see hundreds of dragonflies.


Mother Nature is a tough woman to keep down. Above she shows her determination to thrive.

Sid and her best friend search for turtles and pick cat tail switches to use as fishing rods.





Above this little guy demonstrates how to sneak up on things by wearing just socks in the woods ;) He's our mini birder!

This picture was taken on Tuesday along the river, I love Sid's grippy toes LOL. It was my birthday and I had such an amazing day. I spent my day with friends and family I love very much and got to play soccer and burn some energy! It was the perfect way to bring in the coming year.

1 comment:

  1. I adore all these photos, you captured the day perfectly : ) I just love that shot of Sid and Huwyl, it shows that the 'uh boys!' attitude is cultivated not natural. I love seeing how they all play together, using only their imaginations and what is around them, just how it should be : )

    ReplyDelete