Fall rolls in so quickly. It has been an incredible summer and I am getting geared up for a beautiful fall. First step is the closets, mostly Sidney's. Time to tuck away all the frilly light summer dresses and time for jeans, cords, and tights. Rubber boots, wools sweaters, light coats and rain gear are all in the front closet ready to go. The mornings start with frost and four degrees while I run the dogs in the yard and the afternoons are still climbing to the high teens, low twenties. It is tricky to dress for all the different temps during the day!
Even the animals are transitioning. Squirrels dare to charge through our yard with Maggie on watch. The caterpillars are everywhere munching and shedding their skin as they get closer to their chrysalis stage.
Sid called me outside to show me she found a beautiful orange caterpillar. These ones are tiger moth caterpillars. We found two of them a mom and baby so we had races and set up obstacle courses for them.
On Friday we had our very last summer outdoor YHO group. Next week will start our winter campaign indoors.
I will miss the Friday's filled with flowers, sunshine, and hugs!
Oh, I will really miss the nature too. We will have to rely on our Wednesday nature walks to see some nature at its best.
Blue Heron at the Arboretum on Friday while the kids play a short distance away.
An addition to our home has been our mailboxes. A great incentive for early writers. We are having fun leaving each other little notes and not only does it help boost Sid's reading and writing but it also cheers us up to get little slips of paper with things like I lov yoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment