So many people are curious about whether we take a break from school in the summer. Since we are life learners we continue learning every day when the opportunity presents. We don't have set goals or curriculum but we thrive on curiosity and creativity!
Today's lesson was an interesting one. In some of the pictures below, it may look like Sid is crying. As a matter of fact, she might have wanted to cry a bit due to the flavour of her Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans! When they say EVERY flavour, they mean every flavour!
Soap
Earthworm
Earwax
Rotten Egg!
We found this treasure at a little candy shop. Real life Bertie Bott's every flavour Beans!!! First we emptied the package and sorted the flavours. We were only missing Booger and Cherry.

While Sid did the taste testing and tried to determine which was the best and which was the worst, we graphed the different flavours of beans.
The end result was about two hours of fun and gross learning. The rotten egg were truly disgusting and the only flavour I tried. They made Sid's eyes water and Dad gag! The earthworm and earwax apparently tasted like rocks. Sid said "hmmm they aren't so bad, they taste like rocks and I know what rocks taste like." I didn't explore that any further :)
Mom and Sid being oh so groovy
I have been commissioned to create a few more mobiles and completed this one last week. I am really pleased with how the butterflies turned out. They were a lot of work but worth the attention to detail. I am quite excited to be inspired to felt again!
Monarch, Swallowtail and Blue Morpho Butterflies
And to close off the weekend we had glorious weather, a great bounty from the garden which included, zucchini, carrots, beans, peas, tomatoes and our first cucumber and lots of sunshine and water play.
July is almost over but what an awesome summer it has been so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment