After our first practice run on skis around our property Sid seemed confident and excited about a "big" ski trip. I was thinking about 2km in Larose would be perfect!
Well she showed me! We left our car around 10:45 and returned at 1:20 having completed 8km of skiing. She wanted to keep going but I had only packed a snack and we needed to get some real food.
A winter picnic with watermelon in the middle of nowhere!
Look at her go. This was the first time and I have to admit, it came earlier than I thought, that she clearly demonstrated more endurance than me. She is so fit and so determined. I was most certainly starting to wear out faster than her.
February also means Winterlude! Nothing like going on the Ice Slides with your Best Sister!
It was nice that they had each other for company in the Loooooong line ups.
The kids had so much fun. It was cold but sunny and aside from the 25 - 30 schools who were also there, it was a great time. Unfortunately the sheer number of children made the waits a bit too long so the girls only got to take four sliding trips in a two hour time limit. They were all smiles though so that's what was important.
Life in the shop is super busy. More orders on the roster and above I died some different shades of red for some projects I am working on. From left to right, Ruby Red, Cherry Red and Fire Red.
This is Astyn. He is an adorable little donkey, 6" x 6" I made for Sid. He is perfect to hold and his wire armature makes him posable.
These figures will not be for young children to play with, they are in my sculpted set of animals for older kids who won't pluck out the mane. They have a lot of time put into them too so the price point will be different then the animal sets I make.
Other animals in our life keep us smiling. Jagger loves sitting with his tongue hanging out. He is just the funniest and most adorable cat. Every day he brings us laughter. Thank you Jagger.
A good friend adopted a new Airedale from AireCanada. This is Maggie and she is most certainly from the same lines as our Lilly.
Sid and I went over to meet Maggie and have a Valentines Tea party. Erin, it was so fun we could have stayed all weekend! Thank you so much for making us feel so special!
Sid eating cakes and having sugary tea plus delicious, fabulous truffles which were to die for. Honestly the perfect afternoon after Sid's knitting class.
Oh and this is Frisket. A goofy loveable bulldog (Victorian not English) that Sid is head over heels in love with. He is exactly how Sid pictures Jack in the Little House on the Prairie series.
And while we have added this lovely little ball of fluff to our Groovy Gang, we sadly had to say goodbye to our 17 year old Perogie.
Perogie was a gift. We adopted his mom Nookie from the Ottawa Humane Society and after all her check ups and her vaccinations she surprised us with a litter of kittens in the fall of '97. Perogie was the first out and the only one to survive. His mom rejected him and we had to bottle feed him and raise him. He even came to work with me those first few weeks so I could feed him every two hours. Perogie was like no other cat. His character was humanized due to being completely raised by humans. He never left his cat mom or his human parents so was the most content and secure cat I have ever met. Physically he was a wreck. Tiny in stature with a very crooked spine and a twisted stubby tail. His physique looked like a rabbit and Ken used to tell everyone who asked what happened to his tail, that Perogie was a Cabbit. A true cross between a rabbit and a cat. Ken said this with such validation that I would have to step in and said "Ken.... " and then he would chuckle and tell them the truth.
He was loved. Overloved actually. He survived Sid's early childhood and he survived with great participation. He wasn't thrilled as you can see above but he was tolerant. We used to tease Sid about getting her a t-shirt that said "Here Comes Love" so all the animals could run and hide when they saw her. Perogie experienced this first hand!
Oh I love this shot. It was soooo hot out. In the forties with the humidex. Perogie found shade and slept there all day!
We love you so much Perogie and are so thankful you were in our lives for 17 years. You will be missed.






No comments:
Post a Comment