Friday marked the first time Sid had a friend over for a sleepover and the first time her friend ever came to a sleepover. It was such an amazing 24hours!!!!
First off, I have to say I am continuously stunned at how amazing this friendship is. If everyone in the world could have one Bella or one Sid type friend in their lives then the world would be a better place.
This is the girls wrestling on the trampoline while I got the campfire going (sort of). The wood was WET but we got flames and smoke to clear out the mosquito's and the kids played on the swings and trampoline between moments of helping me to keep the fire burning.
They swam/splashed/dove into the dog wading pool and then had their evening bath at 4:00! Followed by "After we play Harry Potter, let's pretend to have a sleepover! We'll see how cute we look all tucked into bed!" (it was very early in the day still but wow they were excited!)
Pretending to sleep before dinner!
What an incredible evening. Although the mosquito's tried to drive us in, we lasted two and a half hours outside and then came in for snacks and a quick movie before bed. at 10:00 we were in jammies, teeth brushed and ready for the sandman. Ok... I was ready for the sandman but nope I was trapped in a king size bed with two 5 year old comedians telling Knock Knock jokes.
"Knock, Knock"
"who's there?"
"Jar"
"Jar Who?"
"Jar opens its own lid jar"
Bahahahahahahahahha
Bahahahhahahahahhaha'
Bahhahahhahahahhahah
Bahahahahhahaha
Mom: Knock Knock
Kids: Who's there?
Mom: GO TO SLEEP
Kids: Go to sleep who (giggle, giggle)
MoM: Go to sleep NOW
bahahahahahha
bhahahahahhahahahah
bahahahahahhah
Seriously if it hadn't been so ridiculously like being 5 all over again at a sleep over, I would have thought it was some new form or parental torture. We laughed, we giggled, Sid slept on the floor for about 15 minutes then we shut down and they were asleep. *sigh* It was just so fun, lovely and heartwarming.
We started with Sid and Mom on the outsides and Bella in the middle but at 4 in the morning I played musical bed. I sat up and saw Sid, Bella and Mom all on 4 feet of bed real estate while 3 ft of gaping space beckoned me on the other side of the bed. I snuck out of bed, ran around to the other side and crawled back in undetected. Ah... more sleep until 8:00 a.m.
Meanwhile Kenny and his friend Todd had big plans for Saturday. They borrowed another friends 4 wheeler and loaded up two trailers and headed for kilometers of trail riding fun! They were gone from 12 hours and had a blast! The only unplanned incident was that Kenny lost his glasses but luckily he doesn't need them for driving! Tomorrow the family has big plans to hit the mall and get Dad new glasses :) Upon our return we hope to get the garden put in. All plants and seeds are waiting to be sowed.
These pics of the girls were taken by Magda Saturday afternoon when we brought Bella back home. After more than 24 hours the girls are still laughing, playing and just best, best, best "sisters". (they even invented a best sisters cheer!)

Finally one last pic! While the girls were playing on Friday and Todd and Ken were packing up for their trip, I was lucky enough to have my friend Francine hanging out keeping me company. Here she is below in a pic I titled "Best Friends." Don't be fooled, Groovy isn't the best friend, the Canon is :P
No comments:
Post a Comment