Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time Well Spent

We have a fairly busy end semester of this year, ballet, gymnastics, nature club, YHO park days and drama. That leaves us with just two days a week that we don't have to head out. We often have other things like groceries to do but some days we are lucky and can stay home and let the day carry us where it may. Today was one of those days. I am always surprised at how much more learning occurs when I don't have a plan. The young one becomes driven by an idea and the house is her classroom. We read, we invent, we cook, we write, we cuddle and create. It is all in a days work for a homeschooler.

How fortunate I feel to sit back and watch these days unfold.

We stumbled across a really COOOL website today too:
http://www.thetoymaker.com/2Toys.html
It is just perfect for these days that we have nothing planned. An entire archive of toys that can be made out of paper! Even if you don't have a child at home I am sure you will find an amazing project to try. And of course it is all free :)

Lastly, the most EXCITING news on the home front is wiggly teeth. Last night their was a scream, no... a yell... no.... a shriek of delight from Sid's bedroom. "MOM, DAD!!! My teeth are loose." We have the tooth fairy on speed dial even though I think it will be months before she needs to visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment