Saturday, May 14, 2011

Of Friends and Flowers


Friday was simply perfect. We had our regular meeting with our friends at the Arboretum and Sid and I thought is would be the perfect opportunity to bring our bikes and take off to the tulip festival.

We hooked up the trail gator so Sid's bike was attached to mine and we were not disappointed with the sights! Gorgeous tulips in full bloom, crowds of people armed with cameras and flower bed after flower bed bursting with colour.

We even saw some amazing double and new varieties of tulips I had never seen before. I am so glad we went.



Back at the arboretum with our friends I heard "Wow I just saw a fish and it was huge!!!" and it was. The carp were spawning in the shallow water and making a real racket! I kept looking over my shoulders to see if any kids had fallen in the pond, but all was well, it was just noisy happy fish.


What our classroom looks like.


Tree School


Hey Mom! I see you.


Sid's "best sister" dressed as a werewolf. The girls are such good friends but it gets complicated when they introduce themselves as sisters with two moms and two dads. :0)

Back at home today Sid asked me to play hide and seek. These games are usually fairly quick since we have exhausted most hiding spots in our tiny house. Today she stumped me. I heard her call me from her room but I didn't find her right away. This is what I found....





I can't believe she fit in there! What a riot.

No comments:

Post a Comment