The sucking and slurping noises coming from these prehistoric looking fish is so loud and surprising. They are in a knot as the feeding frenzy rises and falls with every drop of bread. Lots of giggles and exhalations from the young ones make this activity a favorite of mine.
Along the old dirt roads we see hand built fences and beautiful flower gardens containing medicinal herbs use then and now. Purple cone flower or echinacea, is in full bloom.
The Loucks family were rich and had a 5 bedroom home to sleep ten. They had a summer kitchen, a parlour, a dinning room and a piano. They lived well for the times, it was still a hard life but you can appreciate the niceties in their home.
The family home and the broom shop were the only two buildings we entered aside from barns. The rest of the time was spent with the animals including feeding this beautiful gelding who really seemed to appreciate the half hour the kids spent scavenging weeds to feed him. He particularly loved the plantain.
The highlight was walking the two month old calf. His name was Nemo and he was lead about by all the kids. Grab a hold and be the boss the farmer said. And so she did!
Lunch in Willards Hotel was exceptional. Traditional food at modern day prices ;-) the desserts were truly to die for!
As we were going to catch the wagon to go for a ride we got sucked into the best performance I have seen in ages. This was the Tilton Family and their Travelling road show. What a RIOT! The kids were involved and on stage. We were singing, laughing and delighted at the humour in their improv. The Italian Opera in three minutes was particularly awesome followed by the impersonation of a train.
Lastly we were treated to a ride on the train that runs around Chrysler Park. On the way we bumped into a couple with two little Jack Russell terriers. The woman didn't speak English very well and as it turned out, they were from....... ITALY!!! HA! I got to use some of the Italian I have been learning. Io sono caldo ~ I am hot! Ciao ~ hi, arreviderci ~bye, gratzie ~thank you, prego~your welcome. It was awesome. When Sid heard they were from Italy she said "I am going there in October!" They asked where and when I explained that she was going to compete for Canada, the woman insisted on having her picture taken with Sid. Hee hee, Sid's first fame pic! What a neat experience.
And on that note, I have to share the amazing video I linked to below. Sid went to her special training session and was working on jumping back kicks while a black belt was learning to do jumping spin kicks. She watched him a couple of times and said "I am going to try that!!!" Ok then, I guess she can do jumping spin kicks! Watch --->AMAZING kicks!
Sunshine and Kisses
Sid and Maggie enjoying sunset together, what a magical moment.
And to end the post, I must write out one of Sid's observations she made yesterday. It won't be to everyone's taste but I need to write it down so I will remember it in years to come.
"Mom, if God is so smart and such a genius then why did he make dogs bums hairy?"
Out of the mouth of babes..... I think I just about spewed my tea across the room when she asked me that.
Have a great week!
Sid and Maggie enjoying sunset together, what a magical moment.
And to end the post, I must write out one of Sid's observations she made yesterday. It won't be to everyone's taste but I need to write it down so I will remember it in years to come.
"Mom, if God is so smart and such a genius then why did he make dogs bums hairy?"
Out of the mouth of babes..... I think I just about spewed my tea across the room when she asked me that.
Have a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment