This afternoon, for a fun warm weather snack, we made our own ice cream. This is not just any ice cream, this is the coolest little recipe I picked up from somewhere in the blog sphere months ago and I have been waiting to make it. Here is a list of ingredients required:
BANANAS
Yup, that is all. Take a nice ripe banana or two (not an overripe one like for banana bread!) and cut it in cubes. Freeze for an hour or two then place in your food processor or if you are brave in a tall glass container and mash with a hand blender. I have a great food processor but it is so much work to clean for just two bananas so I used my hand blender and it worked well but be prepared to stop the banana's from shooting out the top! After a few minutes of blending you will have a smooth and creamy texture that feels like ice cream and tastes delicious.
Now the extra.... to make it super yummy you can add Hazelnut spread (nutella), peanut butter or cinnamon and sugar. We tried it with the Hazelnut and it was good but very sweet. Sometimes less is better even when it comes to chocolate!
We topped ours off with candy coated fennel seeds to make it look pretty.
Try it!!! If you like bananas then you will love this easy to make recipe.
While we wait for spring to really arrive we will continue with our warm weather charade inside. Next we will have to hang some of my needle felted robins in the front window!

Chirry-up Chury, Chirry-up Chury

Dad told me he had a red wing black bird arrive at his place today. Spring must be heading towards us, he is only 2.5 hours west of us. Maybe next week I'll go and visit and bring some back with me.
I'm on the hunt for new wet weather stuff for Huwyl, any recommendations? He's grown out of everything this year!
ReplyDelete