My last attempt to bring Spring to our home was when we made paper flowers for the wall, you can see them here: http://fundipp.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-spring-spriiiiiing.html. It worked for a bit. The big melt started, temps began to climb and then... SNOW and -18 with the wind. Ok, I am honestly a little miffed at Mother Nature. I know, I know, it will come it is inevitable but we want it NOW! I want to see my feeders teaming with birds, new green shoots reaching up from their winter slumber, morning coffee on my deck with the kiss of spring sun on our cheeks. But sadly, once again paper flowers will have to do!
Today we tried a beginner art lesson and I was quite pleasantly surprised with the results. With pencil, Sid drew a picture of a flower and grass and she added wind, the girl has always got to make it her own! Next we painted all of the pencil lines with black paint to create the outline. Last step was to paint the rest of the picture and TA-DA! This version of spring will bloom eternal.
Drawing first
Outlining in black.
Filling in the rest of the "canvas"
So fun a second one was needed. It was interesting to see that by the time Sid was on to the second painting she had begun to realize if she used the paint brushes in different ways she could achieve different painting strokes to make thick, thin or swirly lines.
Nice cheery, very spring like!
The idea for this masterpiece was taken from:
No comments:
Post a Comment