Monday, March 14, 2011

Science is Real

As They Might Be Giants sing.... Science is Real



We have been immersed in Sid directed science fun for the last few days


Slinky's


Cross-linked polyacrylamide polymer gel. Little balls that absorb water and become bouncy gel like marbles. Very fun and very cool!



Can't resist... must touch... must grab... must bounce!

A while back Sid made Dad a volcano out of playdough so he could "Xplode" it. She made it, set aside to dry for a few weeks then painted it. She presented it to him this week and suggested he might like to Xplode it NOW! :)



This never gets old!

Now, not so sciencey but still a new experiment for me..... the sewing machine! Yup, Sid wanted a wizards robe and I knew we had a black play dress and some yellow material for stars so I mentioned that if we got Dad to get the sewing machine out of the garage I would sew her a robe. Well this became the excitement of the weekend for her. Mom is going to sew? I kept thinking.... I am going to sew??? Well it happened and know what??? I LOVED it!


Ken threading the bobbin and the machine and giving it a proper tune up including testing the tension.

Sid having a go at sewing a catnip pouch for the kitties.


Finally mom's turn. Look at the pride on Sid's face. Yah, now Bob, the sports repair guy who always sharpens my skates won't be the only one teaching Sid how to use a sewing machine!!!
I hear spring is coming. Friends are hearing and seeing geese and my weather station is reporting above zero temps. Let's play outside!!!

Bella and Sid play some T-Ball

Zuni plays with Groovy

Zuni wants to play with anyone!

Hiding Zuni!
More beautiful weather on the horizon. We will spend it outside. Yippppeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment