Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Week, Super Moon

Oh it was a glorious week! We spent so much time outside, it was incredible. The melt means warmer weather with many sensory experiences; puddles of snow, ice, water and MUD!


Last night was a Perigee moon. Perigee moons are as much as 14% wider and 30% brighter than lesser full Moons. One this big and so close to Earth has not been seen since 1993. Right as the moon was rising I flew outside in my woolly clothes to capture the Supermoon! I caught it on the rise so you can still see some shades of the sunset reflecting off of it. I just LOVE the colour in the picture. As it ascending into the night sky it was one of the brightest moons I have EVER seen. While I snapped shots with my camera on the tripod, Sid rode her running bike around the yard and we played under the large weeping willow on Fairy Island. It was magical!

With the springing forward of our clocks we have lost an hour of sleep but gained an hour (or five) of outdoor playtime. Back to hanging out in the yard after supper. Of course the camera, now an extension of my arm, is always ready and with the golden light of the after supper hour I have been catching some amazing shot of Sid while she stomps around in the ice / water puddles.



More than anything I just snap and snap and snap as I have taken full control of my camera and I am learning what light works and how to capture a great moment. It's all about experimenting now.
The weather was so cooperative this week that we made it out for two nature walks. Mer Bleue boardwalk provided three and a half hours of wondrous play for our crew.

Catching a Spring Moment in Time.



A mud slide loaded with fun.


The paparazzi ready to catch me tumbling down the hill. Better luck next time! (shot by Emma with her D70!)

Sid engaged in Mud Meditation. Oooooommmmm be one with the mud.


Repairs needed

So much time outdoors means less time doing schooly work stuff but there is always time for quiet snuggles with the ones we love.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos! Playing with the light is such a joy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. W-S Wanderings,

    Thank you for your very kind comments and thank you for stopping by. I just love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete