Here some of the kids sneak up on a tree to see if it has a hibernating friend living inside. Notice the poking stick.
Sid using her new binoculars from Grandpa Bill. Thank you so much Grandpa, we got better with them as the day wore on.
Lunch break!
Playing in the cool fort. I think the scouts must come in the winter every year and make this lean two (too, to?). We found one just like it last summer and the kids played in it for hours until some "good" Samaritan took it down because children could get hurt (hmph!!!).
Some wonderful friends of the conservation area have put up a brilliant BIG bird feeder right next to the tree hut. It is so perfect because while the kids all play together, Magda and I could sit back against a couple of sun bathed trees and take pictures of the birds. Ooooooohhhh I can't wait for spring!!!!!

Male Downy Woodpecker (or juvenile female)

Female Downy
Female Downy

Common Red Pole with a chunk of ice on its beak.

Best friends say good-bye after an afternoon of woodland adventuring!
I have the CPAWS workshop at Wabi-Sabi this weekend. I made a skunk and a garter snake to donate but I wanted to create a proper sculpture for them to auction off. I finished it this morning.
Male Downy Woodpecker (or juvenile female)
Female Downy
Female Downy
Common Red Pole with a chunk of ice on its beak.
Best friends say good-bye after an afternoon of woodland adventuring!
I have the CPAWS workshop at Wabi-Sabi this weekend. I made a skunk and a garter snake to donate but I wanted to create a proper sculpture for them to auction off. I finished it this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment